Friday, March 5, 2010

The Future of Media #81: Get Out Your Crystal Ball

(1) Maybe as 3D TV is tweaked more and becomes more commonplace, it will make a bigger impact on our tv viewing. As we were walking out of a 3D IMAX theater after watching Avatar, a person in our group wondered what kind of viewing experience someone watching at home would have of the same movie- if their impression would be the same as ours. After reading this post, I think how wonderful to have 3D TV give us a choice to opt for something similar to the movie theater experience (although on a smaller scale) at home- even offering the viewer more say over their attire, environment, refreshments, and audience. I also believe 3D TV could enhance even regular programs we watch- more true entertainment- imagine Man vs Wild for instance. I haven't followed any new technology lately but would be curious to see more development of 3D technology.

(2) I'm not really an early adopter but I do try new things that appeal to my needs. Looking back, I was a little slow to embrace using a DVR but now especially like the convenience mine offers- easy to program for recording/storing shows, streamlining television viewing(skipping through all those commercials)and the ability to repeat details I've missed.

No comments: