Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Web According to Google#85: Resistance is Futile

(1)I definitely use Google search on a regular basis. I think this is probably due to habit and also familiarity with the product. Recently, while Google was unavailable to me, I dabbled with some other search engines and found them to be very useful,too. I very much like using our Google calendar for work schedules- easy access and updates/ less paper wasted. Even though others are out there, I see myself coming back to Google for it's rich variety-maps, books, calendars, gmail and more.../ and for the most part accurate and updated (still have memories of the phone# mix-up between our library branch and the Harris Co jail).
(2)I checked out a few of the Google Labs and was most interested in YouTube Test Tube/Caption Tube-the diagrams and text were pretty thorough and I liked the opportunity of giving feedback.
(3)This was my first time to try Google Books and I liked it. I checked out a couple of previews- one book I had already read and another new title/ suggestions from other readers were helpful. I also previewed a magazine but was a little disappointed to find the ads were not skipped over to show more articles-very true to the text. I think Google Books might be very helpful to a library customer who is not sure about a particular item and would like a brief glance at the material.

No comments: